Men for Change is a social movement in northern Colorado that utilizes the collective impact of men in our community to create change--one man at a time. There is power in numbers, together men can have a powerful impact in preventing, and even ending, domestic violence by supporting survivors, educating themselves and others, being positive role models and making a call to other men to stand with them against domestic violence.
Since the movement started in 2014, business owners, community leaders, change-makers and men of all ages have come together to help Crossroads Safehouse create a community where every person lives in a safe environment, free from oppression with the opportunity to thrive. In the process, these men have raised more than $50,000 to help Crossroads Safehouse support victims and their children.
Join the movement!
Current statistics show that 1 in 4 women and 1 in 7 men will be a victim of domestic violence during their lifetime.
As men - fathers, sons, brothers, husbands and partners or as a woman who wants to honor a man who has shown you the love and respect you deserve - you can have a powerful voice in the fight against domestic violence.
We are inviting you to take a stand and speak out against domestic violence. As a member of Men for Change your voice and donation of $100 or more to Crossroads Safehouse will be help to create change by:
- Ensuring victims and children escaping abuse have a place to call home when home is no longer safe and provide them with the resources to reclaim their live
- Breaking the cycle of abuse through positive role modeling and awareness building
- Standing as an ally alongside the thousands of men, women and children in our community suffering at the hands of someone who is supposed to love them.
As a Man for Change, I pledge:
- TO STAND against domestic violence by neither participating in relationship violence nor tolerating it in others.
- TO SPEAK UP even if it’s uncomfortable to stop sexist or abusive language, promote healthy relationships and support survivors.
- TO LEAD BY EXAMPLE by taking a leadership role in modeling positive male behavior for other men and the next generation.
- TO MAKE IT PERSONAL by checking my attitudes and beliefs about violence, power, control and entitlement.
- TO EDUCATE myself and others on domestic violence and how we can all help.
- TO SUPPORT Crossroads Safehouse in creating a community where every person lives in a safe environment, free from oppression with the opportunity to thrive.
- TO SPREAD THE CHANGE by making a call to other men to join the movement and stand with me against domestic violence.