Be a part of the team!
The programs offered at Crossroads Safehouse are possible because of volunteers! We have a variety of volunteer roles to fit most individuals and their desire to give of their time.
GET INVOLVED NOW!
Currently non-direct service volunteers are needed for the following:
- Crosstrails Companion (pet fostering)
- Food Bank Shopper (get items from Food Bank for our food pantry)
- Front Desk Ambassador (greet visitors to the Safehouse)
- Time to Talk (assist with Crossroad’s Teen Dating Violence Program at local high schools)
- Community Outreach Volunteer
Currently direct-service volunteers are needed for:
- Domestic Abuse Response Team (DART) Advocate (provide crisis intervention at the time of the incident when law enforcement is involved)
- Youth Group Assistant (provide support to children who attend groups)
- Shelter Support Advocate (assist with basic functions of the shelter and answer crisis calls)
- Legal Support
- Legal Translator
Upcoming Core Training Dates for 2018:
- July 31 & August 2, 7, 9
- October 2, 4, 9, 11
- November 27, 29 & December 4, 6
*DV101 is held on the first day of all core training sessions.
All prospective volunteers must be at least 18 years old and are asked to:
- Fill out the Prospective Volunteer Interest Form
- Provide three completed Reference Forms
- If interested in Direct Service Volunteer Positions, please confirm you are available to attend all days of the Core Training (noted above)
- If interested in a Non-Direct Service Volunteer Position, please confirm you are able to attend the first day of Core Training (noted above) for DV101.
- If interested in Crosstrails fostering program (only) please fill out the Crosstrails Interest Form and provide three completed Crosstrails Companion Reference Forms
- Our Volunteer Coordinator Kathy will contact you to schedule a personal interview
For more information, please contact Kathy Jordan
at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 970-530-2353.