Be a part of the team!
The programs offered at Crossroads Safehouse are possible because of volunteers! We have a variety of volunteer roles to fit most individuals and their desire to give of their time. To learn how you can get involved and support those affected by domestic violence please take a few minutes to learn more by reading Volunteer Team
GET INVOLVED NOW!
Currently non-direct service volunteers are needed for the following:
- Crosstrails Companion (pet fostering)
- Food Bank Shopper (get items from Food Bank for our food pantry)
- Front Desk Ambassador (greet visitors to the Safehouse)
Currently direct-service volunteers are needed for:
- DART (Domestic Abuse Response Team) Advocate (provide crisis intervention at the time of the incident when law enforcement is involved)
- Youth Group Assistants (provide support to children who attend groups)
- Shelter Support Advocate (assist with basic functions of the shelter and answer crisis calls)
Core Training Dates for 2017:
- March 28, 30 & April 4, 6
- June 6, 8, 13, 15
- August 1, 3, 8, 10
- October 3, 5, 10, 12
- November 28, 30 & December 5, 7
*DV101 is held on the first day of all core training sessions.
All prospective volunteers must be at least 18 years old and are asked to:
- Review Volunteer Position Descriptions
- Fill out the Volunteer Interest Form
- Provide three completed reference forms
- If interested in Direct Service Volunteer Positions please confirm you are available to attend all days of the Core Training (noted above)
- If interested in a Non-Direct Service Volunteer Position, please confirm that you are able to attend the first day of Core Training (noted above) for DV101.
- If interested in Crosstrails pet fostering program (only) please fill out the Crosstrails Interest Form and references
- Send e-mail to Amanda, Volunteer Coordinator at amitchell@crossroadssafehouse with attached Volunteer Interest Form, completed reference forms along with any other applicable documents
- Amanda will contact you to schedule a personal interview