Be a part of the team!
The programs offered at Crossroads Safehouse are possible because of volunteers! We have a variety of volunteer roles to fit most individuals and their desire to give of their time.
GET INVOLVED NOW!
Currently non-direct service volunteers are needed for the following:
- Crosstrails Companion (pet fostering)
- Food Bank Shopper (get items from Food Bank for our food pantry)
- Front Desk Ambassador (greet visitors to the Safehouse)
Currently direct-service volunteers are needed for:
- DART (Domestic Abuse Response Team) Advocate (provide crisis intervention at the time of the incident when law enforcement is involved)
- Youth Group Assistants (provide support to children who attend groups)
- Shelter Support Advocate (assist with basic functions of the shelter and answer crisis calls)
- Time to Talk (assist with Crossroad’s Teen Dating Violence Program at local high schools)
Upcoming Core Training Dates for 2017:
- May 30 & June 1, 6, 8
- August 1, 3, 8, 10
- October 3, 5, 10, 12
- November 28, 30 & December 5, 7
*DV101 is held on the first day of all core training sessions.
All prospective volunteers must be at least 18 years old and are asked to:
- Fill out the Prospective Volunteer Interest Form
- Provide three completed Reference Forms
- If interested in Direct Service Volunteer Positions, please confirm you are available to attend all days of the Core Training (noted above)
- If interested in a Non-Direct Service Volunteer Position, please confirm you are able to attend the first day of Core Training (noted above) for DV101.
- If interested in Crosstrails fostering program (only) please fill out the Crosstrails Interest Form and provide three completed Crosstrails Companion Reference Forms
- Our Volunteer Coordinator Amanda will contact you to schedule a personal interview
For more information, please contact Amanda
at email@example.com or call 970-530-2353.