Be a part of the team!
The programs offered at Crossroads Safehouse are possible because of volunteers! We have a variety of volunteer roles to fit most individuals and their desire to give of their time.
GET INVOLVED NOW!
Currently non-direct service volunteers are needed for the following:
- Food Bank Shopper (get items from Food Bank for our food pantry)
- Front Desk Ambassador (greet visitors to the Safehouse)
- Time to Talk (assist with Crossroads' Teen Dating Violence Program at local high schools)
- Community Outreach Volunteer
Currently direct-service volunteers are needed for:
- Domestic Abuse Response Team (DART) Advocate* (provide crisis intervention at the time of the incident when law enforcement is involved)
- Youth Group Assistant (provide support to children who attend groups)
- Shelter Support Advocate* (assist with basic functions of the shelter and answer crisis calls)
- Legal Support
- Legal Translator
Core Training Dates for 2019:
- 2nd and 4th 5:30 – 9:00 p.m.
- 6th 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- 9th and 11th 5:30 – 9:00 p.m.
- 4th and 6th 5:30 – 9:00 p.m.
- 8th 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- 11th and 13th 5:30 – 9:00 p.m.
- 10th and 12th 5:30 – 9:00 p.m.
- 14th 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- 17th and 19th 5:30 – 9:00 p.m.
- 5th and 7th 5:30 – 9:00 p.m.
- 9th 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- 12th and 15th 5:30 – 9:00 p.m.
DV101 is held on the first day of all core training sessions.
*Shelter Support and DART volunteers are required to attend expanded training sessions in addition to Core Training. These sessions will be held from 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. on the following dates:
- Shelter Support
- April 20th
- June 15th
- September 21st
- November 16th
- May 4th
- July 13th
- October 12th
- December 7th
All prospective volunteers must be at least 18 years old and are asked to:
- Fill out the Prospective Volunteer Interest Form
- Provide three completed Reference Forms
- If interested in Direct Service Volunteer Positions, please confirm you are available to attend all days of the Core Training (noted above)
- If interested in a Non-Direct Service Volunteer Position, please confirm you are able to attend the first day of Core Training (noted above) for DV101.
- Our Volunteer Coordinator Kathy will contact you to schedule a personal interview
For more information, please contact Kathy Jordan
at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 970-530-2353.