Be a part of the team!
The programs offered at Crossroads Safehouse are possible because of volunteers! We have a variety of volunteer roles to fit most individuals and their desire to give of their time.
GET INVOLVED NOW!
Current non-direct service volunteers are needed for the following:
- Food Bank Shopper (get items from Food Bank for our food pantry)
- Front Desk Ambassador (greet visitors to the Safehouse)
- Time to Talk (assist with Crossroads' Teen Dating Violence Program at local high schools)
Current direct-service volunteers are needed for:
- Domestic Abuse Response Team (DART) Advocate* (provide crisis intervention at the time of the incident when law enforcement is involved)
- Youth Group Assistant (provide support to children who attend groups)
- Shelter Support Advocate* (assist with basic functions of the shelter and answer crisis calls)
- Legal Support (assist legal advocate with DART/Bond paperwork and follow-up)
- Court Advocate (Attend Bond hearing and provide victims of domestic violence that are working with Crossroads with information and support needed when going through the legal system)
Core Training Dates:
- January & February 2020
- Monday, January 27th and Thursday, 30th - 5:30 – 9:00 p.m.
- Saturday, February 1st - 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, February 4th and Thursday, 6th - 5:30 – 9:00 p.m.
- March 2020
- Monday, March 23rd and Thursday, March 26th - 5:30 – 9:00 p.m.
- Saturday, 28th - 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 31st and Thursday, April 2nd - 5:30 – 9:00 p.m
- June 2020
- Tuesday, 2nd and Thursday, 4th - 5:30 – 9:00 p.m.
- Saturday, 6th - 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, 9th and Thursday, 11th - 5:30 – 9:00 p.m
- September 2020
- Tuesday, 8th and Thursday, 10th - 5:30 – 9:00 p.m.
- Saturday, 12th - 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, 15th and Thursday, 17th - 5:30 – 9:00 p.m
- November 2020
- Tuesday, 3rd and Thursday, 5th - 5:30 – 9:00 p.m.
- Saturday, 7th - 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, 10th and Thursday, 12th - 5:30 – 9:00 p.m
DV101 is held on the first day of all core training sessions.
*Shelter Support and DART volunteers are REQURIED to attend expanded training sessions in addition to Core Training. These sessions will be held from 8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. on the following dates:
- Shelter Support
- November 16th, 2019
- February 8th, 2020
- April 4th
- June 13th
- September 19th
- November 14th
All prospective volunteers must be at least 18 years old and are asked to:
- Fill out the Prospective Volunteer Interest Form
- Provide three completed Reference Forms
- If interested in Direct Service Volunteer Positions, please confirm you are available to attend all days of the Core Training (noted above)
- Required per Colorado Statute 13-90-107
- If interested in a Non-Direct Service Volunteer Position, please confirm you are able to attend the first day of Core Training (noted above) for DV101.
- Our Volunteer Coordinator Kathy will contact you to schedule a personal interview
For more information, please contact Kathy Jordan
at email@example.com or call 970-530-2353.