Be a part of the team!
The programs offered at Crossroads Safehouse are possible because of volunteers! We have a variety of volunteer roles to fit most individuals and their desire to give of their time.
GET INVOLVED NOW!
Current non-direct service volunteers are needed for the following:
- Food Bank Shopper (get items from Food Bank for our food pantry)
- Front Desk Ambassador (greet visitors to the Safehouse)
- Time to Talk (assist with Crossroads' Teen Dating Violence Program at local high schools)
- Boutique Coordinator (Sort donations and stage boutique room)
Current direct-service volunteers are needed for:
- Domestic Abuse Response Team (DART) Advocate* (provide crisis intervention at the time of the incident when law enforcement is involved)
- Youth Group Assistant (provide support to children who attend groups)
- Shelter Support Advocate* (assist with basic functions of the shelter and answer crisis calls)
- Legal Support (assist legal advocate with DART/Bond paperwork and follow-up)
- Court Advocate (Attend Bond hearing and provide victims of domestic violence that are working with Crossroads with information and support needed when going through the legal system)
Core Training Dates for 2019:
- 4th and 6th 5:30 – 9:00 p.m.
- 8th 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- 11th and 13th 5:30 – 9:00 p.m.
- 10th and 12th 5:30 – 9:00 p.m.
- 14th 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- 17th and 19th 5:30 – 9:00 p.m.
- 5th and 7th 5:30 – 9:00 p.m.
- 9th 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- 12th and 15th 5:30 – 9:00 p.m.
DV101 is held on the first day of all core training sessions.
*Shelter Support and DART volunteers are required to attend expanded training sessions in addition to Core Training. These sessions will be held from 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. on the following dates:
- Shelter Support
- June 15th
- September 21st
- November 16th
- June 24 & 27, 5:30-8:30 pm
- October 12th
- December 7th
All prospective volunteers must be at least 18 years old and are asked to:
- Fill out the Prospective Volunteer Interest Form
- Provide three completed Reference Forms
- If interested in Direct Service Volunteer Positions, please confirm you are available to attend all days of the Core Training (noted above)
- If interested in a Non-Direct Service Volunteer Position, please confirm you are able to attend the first day of Core Training (noted above) for DV101.
- Our Volunteer Coordinator Kathy will contact you to schedule a personal interview
For more information, please contact Kathy Jordan
at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 970-530-2353.